The Undergraduate Committee provides oversight for matters concerning the B.A. and B.G.S. Programs in Latin American and Caribbean Studies. Committee members are selected for three-year terms, and may be core or affiliate faculty; they should be broadly representative of Latin Americanist scholars and scholarship at the University of Kansas, as well as representative of the Center’s curricula. Standing charges are to:
- Provide oversight for matters concerning the B.A. and B.G.S. Programs in Latin American and Caribbean Studies;
- Revise program information and update undergraduate booklets, website, and related materials;
- Nominate undergraduate students for on-campus scholarships and fellowships;
- Advise the Director and Undergraduate Director on curriculum planning, review, and revision of the undergraduate program, helping coordinate with other departments and disciplines across campus;
- Appoint a subcommittee to hear and evaluate undergraduate student petitions; and
- Coordinate undergraduate assessment and senior exit surveys.
Committee Members, 2020-2023 Term